Charles Winslow Miner (January 26, 1866 – May 22, 1912) was a well-known Fort Wayne, Indiana, photographer in the late 1890s and early 1900s. A native of Columbia City, Indiana, Miner moved to Fort Wayne around 1887 and established Miner’s Studio on West Wayne Street in downtown Fort Wayne. Miner is best known for his studio portraits and commercial photographs of landmarks in Allen County, Indiana, especially the Allen County Courthouse and notable Fort Wayne businesses. His photographs were published in Fort Wayne booster books in the early 1900s.
Miner was born on January 26, 1866, in Columbia City, Indiana. He was the son of Simon P. and Melissa Miner, Ohio natives who moved to Columbia City in the mid-1800s. Charles became interested in photography at an early age, and was apprenticed to Columbia City photographer Levi Monroe “Roe” Jones, who was known for his large-size portraits. Jones trained Miner to run a photography studio, handle clients, and the technical processes for “toning, developing, enlarging, printing, and framing” photographs.