Brad Temkin (born 1956 in Chicago, IL) is an American photographer. He is known for his photographs documenting the human impact on the landscape.
In 2009, he began a project entitled, Rooftop, addressing what contemporary urban pioneers are doing to mitigate the consequences of non-renewable energy consumption and drawing attention to living architecture.
Temkin’s works are included in numerous permanent collections, including those of the Art Institute of Chicago; Museum of Contemporary Photography; Milwaukee Art Museum; Corcoran Gallery of Art; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; and Akron Art Museum, among others.
His images have appeared in such publications as Aperture, Black & White Magazine, Time magazine and European Photography. His first book was published in 2005 entitled “Private Places: Photographs of Chicago Gardens” (Center for American Places, 2005). He teaches photography at Columbia College in Chicago.
- Rooftop: Second Nature, Photovisa V, Krasnodar, Russia (2013)
- Gardens: From Backyard To Rooftops, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (2012)
- Green Roofs & Rooftop Gardens, City Gallery, Chicago, IL (2010)
- Relics, Blue Sky Gallery, Portland, OR (2009)
- Relics, Baldwin Gallery, MTSU, Murphreesboro, TN (2009)
- Relics, Dali International Photography Festival, Dali, Yunnan, China (2009)
- New Pictures, Sidney Yates Gallery, Chicago Cultural Center, Chicago, IL (2008)
- Blanca Berlin Galleria, Madrid, Spain (2007)
- Ireland, Scott Nichols Gallery, San Francisco, CA (2004)
- Stephen Bulger Gallery, Toronto, Ontario (2002)
- Afterimage Gallery, Dallas, TX (2002)
- Creative Photographic Arts Center, Lewiston, ME (1998)
- Midtown Y Photography Gallery, New York, NY (1995)
- Irish Stories, Chicago Cultural Center, Chicago, IL (1993)
- Acadie, Museum Of Contemporary Photography, Chicago, IL (1990)