“Understanding Exposure” by Bryan Peterson (https://amzn.to/2QHug1t) is by far one of the most popular books to learn photography (4 editions and more than 350,000 copies sold).
With this book you will learn:
- Which aperture gives you the greatest contrast and sharpness, and when to use it.
- Which apertures guarantee the background remains an out-of-focus tone.
- Which one aperture—when combined with the right lens—creates an area of sharpness from three feet to infinity.
- How to creatively use shutter speed to either freeze an action or imply motion.
- Where to take a meter reading when shooting a sunset, snow, or a city at dusk.
More Photography Books
The best photography books to inspire photographers and improve your skills:
You can refine the seach using the upper box (↑↑↑):
- Include search terms like:
- Photography books for beginners.
- Photography books lighting.
- Photography books portraits.
- Photography ebooks.
- Photography notebooks.
- Photography sketchbooks.
- Photography textbooks.
- Wedding photography books.
- Wildlife photography books.
- Select to search in all departments of Amazon or just in:
- Camera & Photo.
- Kindle Store.
- Software (photography editing software).
- Click “Go”.
Do you need a new camera?
- Select your favorite camera brand:
- Camera type:
- Compact Digital Cameras.
- DSLR Cameras (Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras).
- Mirrorless Cameras.
- Action Cameras.
- 360 Cameras.
- Film Cameras.
- You can also search for camera accessories:
- Camera bags, cases and straps.
- Camera batteries.
- Camera books and software.
- Camera cleaning.
- Camera lenses and filters.
- Flashes, lighting and studio.
- Light meters.
- Memory cards.
- Tripods and monopods.